Want to live in an upscale community that is right next to the beach? You should think about moving to La Jolla, San Diego.
In this post, I am going to share some of my favorite things about La Jolla with you. But first, let’s talk a little bit about the background of this seaside community.
A Brief History of La Jolla
La Jolla was incorporated back in 1850. The San Diego, Pacific Beach, and La Jolla Railway was constructed during the 1890s, which brought a lot of tourist business to the community.
That same decade, philanthropist Ellen Browning Scripps moved to the area, investing in the community heavily. Indeed, her name is predominantly linked to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, which William Emerson Ritter founded in 1903.
Today, many businesses are located in La Jolla. The Scripps Institute of Oceanography also still operates here, as does the Scripps Research Institute and the Salk Institute for Biological Studies.
Advantages of Living in La Jolla
- Enjoy a beautiful seaside location. One of the best things about La Jolla is that it is right by the ocean. La Jolla Cove, Windansea Beach, La Jolla Shores, and other other coastal spots offer opportunities to swim, surf, and sunbathe. Plus, the close proximity of this community to the water means that cool sea breezes help to moderate the summer San Diego heat.
- You are right by UCSD. University of California, San Diego (UCSD) is located in La Jolla. So, if you are looking to attend university or you have a child who will soon be attending college, the location of the UCSD campus will be convenient for you.
- You are located in a booming business district. With many businesses located throughout La Jolla and the surrounding communities, there are employment opportunities in a range of industries.
- Shopping, dining, and entertainment options are abundant. Another good thing about the high concentration of businesses in La Jolla is that you can also take advantage of them as a consumer. There are many shops and restaurants throughout the area to enjoy. In particular, you will want to head downtown to the Village of La Jolla resort community. This is also where you will find a movie theatre, galleries, and museums. Along with these activities and attractions, you will find plenty more to do in La Jolla. You can play around at the Torrey Pines Golf Course, or pay your respects at the Mt. Soledad National Veterans Memorial. Also, do not miss out on a visit to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institute of Oceanography.
- There are breathtaking luxury estates for sale in La Jolla. If you are in the market for luxury real estate, you will find exquisite homes in La Jolla, many of them overlooking the beach and offering majestic views.
Move Into Your New La Jolla Home Now
Are you ready to make La Jolla, San Diego your new home? I can help you purchase your dream home with a flexible mortgage. To schedule your consultation, please give me a call today at (619) 857-7191. Let’s get you into your new home so you can enjoy La Jolla’s upscale shopping and dining, beautiful beaches, and amazing educational and career opportunities.