Are you a veteran or service member looking to move into a beautiful home in San Diego? If so, one option which may make it possible for you to do so with zero down payment is a San Diego VA loan. Many military home buyers in this area have no idea this opportunity exists, and do not realize how a VA loan in San Diego could benefit them.
Benefits of San Diego VA Loans
If you are an eligible veteran, service member or surviving spouse, you could qualify for a loan which offers you these benefits:
- No down payment (up to the county maximum limit).
- You may qualify even if your credit rating is less than perfect.
- VA loans feature competitive interest rates.
- You can finance the VA funding fee. If you have a disability, you may be exempt from this fee, in which case it will be waived.
- In some cases, the seller may offer to pay the closing costs.
- You do not need to purchase private mortgage insurance (PMI), which saves you money ever month.
- There is no penalty for prepayment.
- If you qualify, the loan features are assumable.
- If you have been through bankruptcy, a short sale, or a foreclosure, you can apply within two years—much sooner than you can with a traditional loan.
- Should you fall behind with loan payments at some future point, the VA may help you out.
- Not looking to buy a home, but interested in refinancing? You can also use a VA loan to secure refinancing through a program called IRRRL, which stands for “interest rate reduction refinance.” This is a streamlined program which makes it fast and easy to refinance.
As you can see, VA loans provide great advantages for military home buyers in San Diego.
Watch Maureen’s brief video explaining the basics of a VA loan:
Who Qualifies for VA Loans in San Diego?
Qualification requirements for San Diego VA loans vary depending on your status. You may be eligible if you are an active duty service member or you are a retired veteran. You also may qualify as a member of the National Guard or Reserve. There is a minimum active duty requirement which may range depending on your role, but for most qualifying service members, it is just 90 days.
The home that you are buying, constructing, or renovating must also meet qualification requirements.
Let Us Help You Apply for a San Diego VA Loan
If you are ready to move into your dream home with zero down payment, give Maureen Martin with JMJ Financial a call at (619) 857-7191 We can review your service record and help you figure out whether you qualify. If you do, we can assist you with your application so that you can move into your new home in San Diego fast.