While looking into different neighborhoods in San Diego, you might be thinking about Clairemont and wondering whether it is a good choice.
Clairemont is in between Mission Valley, University City, Pacific Beach, and Kearney Mesa. It is situated close to the coast but is still pretty centralized.
Benefits of Living in Clairemont
What are the benefits of living in Clairemont? Let’s see what this neighborhood has to offer.
- Clairemont is a good choice for families. One thing you will discover pretty quickly if you are taking a tour of Clairemont is just how many households here have children. Clairemont is a very popular neighborhood to raise a family for a number of reasons. First of all, the public-school system in Clairemont is one that many parents have rated well. The neighborhood is also very diverse, so children will be able to learn alongside others in many ethnic groups. There are more than a dozen elementary and middle schools serving the community. High school students attend either Clairemont High School or James Madison High School. After graduating from secondary school, Clairemont students can go on to study at San Diego Mesa College, which is located right in Clairemont. There are other postsecondary institutions located close by as well. Another feature that makes Clairemont a great neighborhood for families is the presence of not one, but three, branch libraries. These include the Clairemont Branch, the North Clairemont Branch, and the Balboa Branch. All three not only offer access to circulation, but also to fun activities for children.
- You are close to downtown. It isn’t a long drive at all from Clairemont or even North Clairemont to get downtown. So, you get the convenience of access to all that downtown has to offer, but without the hustle and bustle.
- You get some cool air from the ocean. Clairemont is pretty close to the coast, bordered on the west by Pacific Beach and La Jolla. That means that some of the cool air coming in from the water can reach you, making this neighborhood more temperate than those further to the east.
- There are plenty of amenities. There are so many opportunities to shop and dine in Clairemont. Right in the neighborhood, your will find Clairemont Town Square, Genesee Plaza, Garfield Plaza, Clairemont Village, and Balboa Mesa Shopping Center.
- You are close to parks. Want to get away from the crowds for a breath of fresh air? Living in Clairemont, you will find yourself conveniently close to some of San Diego’s green spaces. These include Tecolote Canyon Natural Park and Nature Center, Fiesta Island Park, Playa Pacifica Park, Tecolote Shores, Mission Bay Park, and others. Each of these parks can give you a reprieve from the fast pace of everyday life and keep you in touch with nature.
Let Me Help You Move Into Your Dream Home in Clairemont
It can be hard to decide which of San Diego’s vibrant neighborhoods is the right fit for you. I would love to answer any questions you have about Clairemont as well as the other neighborhoods throughout the city. I also can help you buy a home in Clairemont or anywhere else in San Diego now with a competitive loan. To get started now, please give me a call today at (619) 857-7191.